Room 16 is comprised of new entrant students who are 5 years old. They wish to share their learning with you.

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Young Ocean Explorers at Pt England

Steve from the Young Ocean Explorers came to talk to the children and show some footage that he had shot of marine animals.  Steve is an underwater cameraman and he had some amazing photos of whales, sharks, turtles and other fish close up in their environment.  His talk was a great motivation for our writing as these stories and pictures show just how engaged the children were.
"At school I saw Steve and then we saw some little fish.  Steve went diving in the water."  By Alexandra

"I went to assembly and I saw Steve.  I like the sea animals and he talked about the animals and he took a photo of an octopus."  By Samson
"I went to see the sea.  I was looking at Marlin and turtles and I saw Steve.  Me and Steve went to see the animals."  By Nate

Steve is a camera man.  He goes under the water.  He took photos of a marlin.  It came up close.  Sharks, seals and turtles have sharp teeth."  By Tupou








No comments:

Post a Comment