Room 16 is comprised of new entrant students who are 5 years old. They wish to share their learning with you.

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Making ANZAC Poppies

On our home learning site, I suggested for ANZAC Day the children might like to make an ANZAC poppy.  Being in lockdown has meant that we can't gather together with our families or go to Dawn parades or Civic ceremonies but many children were making poppies and putting the poppies in a window or on their fence.  Cruze's Mum sent me photos of Cruze making a poppy and decorating it.  What a good idea to decorate it with drawings Cruze!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cruze,

    I like your poppy and the drawings is amazing, did you and mum bake Anzac cookies? I would like to know, if you got up at dawn on Saturday.

    Mrs Fester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Fester! The boys and I hope you are well and staying safe! We didnt make any anzac cookies but have been baking other treats such as glazed donuts, brownies, breads, and cakes. And we missed getting up at 6am that morning to remember our fallen heroes. That was my fault, I didnt finish my study until 3am and slept thru the 530am alarm haha but we did put some poppies up on our fence posts and did a moment of silence. Hope you've been taking care, hope to see you and the rest of the team very soon

      Delete